Friday, May 14, 2010

Bread Painting

  Bread is becoming a big passion to me; I always search for new recipes, and bread techniques, to improve my skills. Artisan Breads are one of my favourite, I love toasted crunchy bread... I prepared my Artisan bread dough yesterday and let it rest in the fridge overnight, and this afternoon I used the dough to do some sandwich breads and an asparagus pie which I will post later.
Couple of days ago I spotted a nice painted bread at La Table de Nana http://latabledenana.blogspot.com/2009/05/painting-bread-101.html/ then from there I ended at Chef Tess posting about her bread painting techniques http://cheftessbakeresse.blogspot.com/2009/06/basic-bread-painting-technique.html/ check her site and see the wonderful breads she makes.
ne thing I need to add, my bread making is improving a lot, but oh my I do need to work on my painting skills. I had so much fun this evening with making my bread. I used ½ tsp of cocoa + ½ tsp coffee diluted in tsp of water then added some egg yolks, seems my mix was a bit on the runny side side, and the color came darker than expected. Its okay for a first trial, I need to do more practicing to master the technique.  I leave you with some photos





17 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

I wish I know how to paint! I am just terrible at handwork!

Dewi said...

Wow, I am sure it will make the bread even prettier looking.

Patricia said...

Bonsoir Arlette,
Ils sont magnifiques tes pains avec les dessins "peints" au cacao.
C'est de l'art dans la gastronomie.
Félicitations.
Très bonne soirée,
A bientôt,
Patricia - La Table de Pénélope

Mary Bergfeld said...

I wish I had a surer hand and clearer eyes. This is a skill that amazes me. This looks fabulous. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

Reeni said...

These came out great Arlette! And it does look like a fun thing to do!

Kris Ngoei said...

Wow, this is totally new area for me.... Inspiring :-)

Sawadee from Bangkok,
Kris

Nadji said...

Je suis passionnée de pain moi aussi.
mais je ne connaissais pas ces pains peints.
Je note les blogs cités pour aller voir.
Tes pains sont réussis.
A bientôt mon amie.

Barbara Bakes said...

I new to the world of bread painting. What a fun idea. The bread looks delicious!

Juliana said...

Arlette, great way to make the bread look prettier :-)

Azure Accessories said...

Some how I missed this post Arlette...bread is an all time favorite...yours look delicious! Great painting...
See you Saturday!!!
Cheers

Ella said...

Sounds great! I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

Rosita Vargas said...

Maravillos pan luce espectacular,dorados y muy tentadores,quiero probar,abrazos grandes hugs,hugs.

Chef Tess said...

Thanks for the shout out hun! Xoxo! Looks great!

john said...

I cerebrate, it's a useful issue. I like this message. It smart my design and change. So lots of thanks for sharing this information with me.I share this content with some of my friends.so, keep posting and gave us new thoughts.
Gin rummy online

john said...

You write very good reports, I like to watch, it made me learn a lot of things, really thank you very much, although the former, now looks very good.
New company formation for contractors

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi there , I found the topic Bread Painting very interesting , I was searching for it , sincerely a1-paris-apartments.com.
Sale your apartment